20 June 2008

Tag, you're it

I've been tagged twice now, once by Titania from Queensland, at Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow in my Garden and once by Daphne at Daphne's Dandelions, who's based in Massachusetts. It's a kind of chain-letter thing where the idea is to post six random things about yourself then tag six other bloggers. So here are the six random things:
  1. I once had to knock on the door of Chelmsford Prison in order to get my bicycle back.

  2. I emigrated to Canada from England a year ago this week. It was the biggest decision I've made, but also the best.

  3. Cover of 'Charmed Life' from LibraryThing
  4. Up to the age of nine I would read no books other than Enid Blyton's. Diana Wynne Jones's Charmed Life was the magic read that broke that particular habit.

  5. I had to pay a fine for cycling in a pedestrian zone in Chelmsford (this was unrelated to the Chelmsford prison incident described above!). The policeman who charged me phoned me up later to see if I was OK (is this normal police behaviour?).

  6. I fell in love with archives at the age of 19, while reading a 500-year-old will. I've been 'sniffing the dust' (according to my husband) ever since.

  7. My mother died six years ago after a long fight against the primary-progressive form of multiple sclerosis. I miss her and think of her every day and am constantly sorry that my kids never got to know her properly.
This particular game of tag has been going around for a while and I think all the bloggers I might have listed have already been linked to by somebody else, so I'll leave it there (I've always been rubbish at tag - oops that's seven random things now!).

2 comments:

Daphne Gould said...

I'm so sorry about your mother. My father-in-law died when I was pregnant with my first child. I still remember crying at his funeral because my child would never know him. He would have made such a wonderful grandfather.

Lavender and Vanilla Friends of the Gardens said...

Amanda, now we know lots more about you! I am sorry that you lost your mother so early and your children not knowing their grandmother it is a big loss. I lost my mother in 1983, I was 44 then and I still miss her.